Roswell is an American television series which ran for three seasons from 1999-2002.
For the past 10 years, Max Evans, his sister Isabel and his best friend Michael Guerin have been living a somewhat normal existence, with their hybrid biology of human and alien DNA helping them to fit in. Surviving descendants from beings on board the fiery crash of an alien spacecraft that popular legend says plummeted to the desert in 1947, the three teenagers have grown up quietly among the Roswell residents since emerging from incubation. Their peaceful existence was shattered the day Max forged an otherworldly connection with fellow classmate Liz Parker by using his mysterious powers to heal her gunshot wound, putting aside a pact of secrecy and ultimately risking his own life.
With this simple twist of fate, their secret was sacrificed and their identity exposed, forced to trust Liz and her best friends Maria DeLuca and Alex Whitman in order to stay one step ahead of forces from this world and beyond that would do anything to destroy them. They are also aided by Sheriff Valenti, who is driven by a very personal need to learn the truth about what happened on that fateful night in 1947.
The first two aired on The WB Network whilst the final season was sold to (and aired on) The UPN. It was produced by Jason Katims but was based on the Roswell High books written by Melinda Metz and Laura Burns. It centers around the surviving aliens who landed in the Roswell 1947 Crash and now live among humans. As the series progresses, they discovered more about themselves, discover more powers within themselves and even find more aliens. These Four aliens are also the future lives of the rulers of Antar, their home planet.
- Shiri Appleby as Liz Parker
- Jason Behr as Max Evans
- Colin Hanks as Alex Whitman
- Majandra Delfino as Maria DeLuca
- Katherine Heigl as Isabel Evans
- Brendan Fehr as Michael Guerin
- Nick Wechsler as Kyle Valenti
- Emilie de Ravin as Tess Harding
- William Sadler as Jim Valenti
- The show was aired during the late 90's frenzy of supernatural shows such as: Charmed, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The show, whilst popular with fans, was ultimately cancelled due to low ratings.